Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just A Dream....From My Book "The Killer Inside"

Up here the streets below look like our own circulatory system. The different neighborhoods seem more like arteries that are linked as one by a complex maze of passageways. The cars on the faster streets blend together. I really can’t tell where one stops and the next one begins. They are moving in a measured precession that gives me the illusion of blood flowing through the veins of a city. Some of these veins appear to be much more clogged than others. Art mimics life even when there is no obvious beauty in the eyes of the beholder. When I am down there those streets are anything but a depiction of beauty but up here they seem different. Up here I can view the world we have created with a sense of detachment. Up here I am not in it so I can see it for what it really is.

1 comment:

  1. i like the comparison of the streets to our circulatory system.

    ReplyDelete